iPad unlimted data activation fix

Discussion in 'iPad' started by reckless2k2, Jun 22, 2010.

1. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

For those that ordered their iPads before the June 7th unlimited data plan cut-off and no unlimited data activation option is showing once you received it after June 7th, AT&T has a special support center to address this issue.

BE PREPARED TO WAIT ON THE PHONE FOREVER.

1-866-640-5125

Just tell them that you ordered the iPad before the cutoff but just received because of backorder. They will tell you to activate it for either plan and give them the cellular data number in settings. They then cancel the plan you signed up for and move you to the unlimited plan. Then the confirmation is sent to you and you can verify everything right on the iPad. Make sure you tell them to set it as auto-renew.

BE PREPARED TO WAIT ON THE PHONE A LONG TIME. I waited 2 1/2 hours last night before I just hung up and then 2 hours first thing this morning before I got through.

2. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

I've waited for about an hour today. They told me exactly the same.

3. Allanzblazed macrumors newbie

AT&T questions

Will try to do tomorrow on the drive to work, cause my iPad just came in, but would you guys know what time the lines open and what questions did they ask so I know if I need any information to read to them?

Thanks