Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldhifi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
USA
I have a unlock with arrow icon come up on my IOS 7.1 IPad Mini, this just started over the week end, what is it? How to remove? It appears then disappears.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Rotation Lock? You can disable it in Control Centre or flipping the switch on the side of the iPad depending on your settings.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Where does it appear exactly? And what exactly does it look like (what exactly is an "unlock" icon, and what kind of an "arrow" does it have and where exactly)?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Where does it appear exactly? And what exactly does it look like (what exactly is an "unlock" icon, and what kind of an "arrow" does it have and where exactly)?

I think it's pretty obvious he's talking about the orientation lock icon.

OP, it can be turned off/on using control center. It's a lock with a circle concluding in an arrow around it. It locks your screen in one position so it will not rotate. Can be easily turned on and off.

oldhifi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
USA
I think it's pretty obvious he's talking about the orientation lock icon.

OP, it can be turned off/on using control center. It's a lock with a circle concluding in an arrow around it. It locks your screen in one position so it will not rotate. Can be easily turned on and off.

Thanks I will try that, never seen it before..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.