iPad updating itself?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Hello,

My iPad 3 is on iOS 6. I do not want iOS 7 on it, but it seems determined to install it itself. If I go into the settings and go to the update tab, I notice that it is downloading the update itself! I never asked it to update, and have not even been in that part of the settings app in a while. How do I stop it? There is no cancel button. I tried turning it off and on, and it begins updating again.

Here is a picture - [​IMG]

Please help!

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. SusanK macrumors 68000

Sorry, I don't know if there is a way to cancel the download. Be careful not to click on install.

I always turn off WiFi before connecting my iDevices to AC to avoid this. So far that worked for me. That may be a way to prevent future automatic downloads.

3. Killcount macrumors newbie

If you have a jailbroken device, it won't update to iOS 7 automatically since the OTA feature is required to be off. I'm not sure if this will work but perhaps if you find a way to jailbreak your iPad, it won't install the update.

iOS 7 is pretty amazing on the iPad though, how come you don't want to update?

4. nancyfromafrica macrumors member

There is no option to prevent the device from updating as the user told above if you have jailbroken device may be then you can prevent it from updating, soon apple will completely close the support of iOS 6 devices and make devices run on iOS 7 only

5. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

I haven't done it myself, but apparently you can hook it up yo your computer, and in iTunes you are able to delete the download and tick a check box that will prevent it from downloading again.

6. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

7.0.3 runs fine on this ip3.
    I have not had a wifi issue which I had in ios6
    If issues do persist for people I must believe a resolution will come down.
    I do get a little uncontrollable expansion on photos when I pinch / zoom on them for whatever reason I might do that gesture but even that is not every time I pinch/zoom.