iPad updating Sports Illustrated issues through iTunes

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 1phillyfan, Jun 12, 2011.

1. 1phillyfan macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2011
    Trying to figure out how to update new weekly sports illustrated issues via iTunes... for a transfer to your iPad? I'm not connected to wifi and don't have 3G for iPad. Trying to get the updates into the mac first so I can transfer to the pad. Thanks.
  2. Mr.C macrumors 601

Apr 3, 2011
    London, UK.
    As far as I'm aware magazines normally update to new issues from within the app wirelessly. Can you not go to a local cafe or restaurant that offers free Wi-Fi or at the very least paid. I don't have S.I. but I suspect it cannot be updated to new issues through iTunes.
  3. r-sky macrumors member

Jul 20, 2010
    I have a hardcopy subsrciption to SI, so the iPad SI app allows me to download their electonic versions for free. So my response is based on that experiance. I do not know what it is like if you've paid for a SI subscription on thru the SI app on your iPad.

I found that the SI app on my iPad shows each issue, but does not automatically update them. When there is an issue I want to have on my iPad, I have to click the "download" button on the issue's cover. I have a WiFi only iPad and get my issues when I am in a WiFi hotspot. Hope this helps some, although I know it does not answer your question about downloading on your computer and then putting it on the iPad.
  4. Spideytex10 macrumors newbie

Nov 30, 2009
    I have never gotten this app to work. It will download but not install the magazine. Anyone else had trouble or know how to fix?
  5. mphtrilogy macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2010
    I've never been able to get it to work either
  6. r-sky macrumors member

Jul 20, 2010
    Hmmm... That's interesting that you both report the app to not work for you. It's always worked for me. I have a 32g WiFi iPad original and downloaded the app late last year when it first came out. I am not sure if there has been an update to the app. However, if there were any updates, I am sure I updated it on my iPad.

I've had a little trouble with it logging me out and having to reset my user name/password. But otherwise it has been great. The pics are great on the iPad (but zooming is not enabled).