Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raul1969

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Hey guys

Im a newbie so bare with me. I have an ipad 1 ver 3.2.2 and i want to upgrade to ver 5.0 but I dont want to use itunes. I want to use redsnow how can you do that . Like I said Im a newbie . I already extracted the files for redsnow and the ipsw file for ver 5.0.1. Any help will be greatly appreciated

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
do yu have SHSH/blobs for 5.01 for your iPad?

If you do you can upgrade to 5.01, if you don't have SHSH's for 5.01 you can't upgrade.

Put your iPad in DFU-mode and restore in iTunes by clicking on restore while holding ALT (on a mac) or SHIFT (win).

you now can select the IPSW you downloaded and restore with that.

Afterward jailbreak with redsn0w

Raul1969

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
I dont have shsh files. only for the version that I have which doesnt help me at all I tried to restore in itunes and it wont let me restore. It gives me an error. I was wondering if I find an ipad with that version that I need can I download the shsh file and restore it with that and does it have to be jailbroken?

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
SHSH are unique to each device

I dont have shsh files. only for the version that I have which doesnt help me at all I tried to restore in itunes and it wont let me restore. It gives me an error. I was wondering if I find an ipad with that version that I need can I download the shsh file and restore it with that and does it have to be jailbroken?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
1 thread should be enought for your problem.

If you don't have SHSH's for 5.0 than you can only update to 5.1.1
In your other thread i gave you solution for the 1394 error.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.