Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mutch95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Hey guys, I need help urgently. I was on the app store today searching app i saw i needed to update my apps when i clicked update all a message poped up saying error 1004. Im guess this is because my ipad is jail broken and i haven't updated since i bought it (10/07/2010) so is it the new update for the ipad that came out today not letting me use itunes? if so how would i restore my ipad to factory settings without using a pc and without breaking the god damn thing :/

additional information:
-jail broken at (jailbreakme.com)
-frash is on it
-i want all my apps to stay downloaded except jail broken ones
-64gb wifi
-only 13 so don't want it broken or my parents will strangle me
-im australian
-need answers fast

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Hey guys, I need help urgently. I was on the app store today searching app i saw i needed to update my apps when i clicked update all a message poped up saying error 1004. Im guess this is because my ipad is jail broken and i haven't updated since i bought it (10/07/2010) so is it the new update for the ipad that came out today not letting me use itunes? if so how would i restore my ipad to factory settings without using a pc and without breaking the god damn thing :/

additional information:
-jail broken at (jailbreakme.com)
-frash is on it
-i want all my apps to stay downloaded except jail broken ones
-64gb wifi
-only 13 so don't want it broken or my parents will strangle me
-im australian
-need answers fast

1. Hook it up to your computer (YES DO IT!)
2. Right click on your device in itunes (In the left sidebar)
3. Select Backup, wait until it completes
4. Click update in itunes, wait until it completes
5. If it fails restore it
6. When done, if it asks you if you want to set it up as a new device select from backup and chose your backup.
7. Download Redsn0w from http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
8. Use Redsn0w on your iPad, if you dont understand it find a youtube video or something, if you manage to **** up your device (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) you have your backup in iTunes.
9. enjoy your 4.3.3 jailbroken iPad 1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.