iPad US purchase question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hecro, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Hecro macrumors member

So I live in Denmark which is the most expensive iPad contry in the world - life is hard, I know :)

Anyways, I have a relative that's just gone to San Francisco and on to Hawaii later on. Can anyone give me a hint how the queues are in front of the Apple stores in those 2 location? She doesn't wanna stand in queue for hours.

I have asked for an iPad 64GB Wi-Fi black - is that even in stock?

2. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I think you are hard pressed to find an Apple store without a line for iPads right now. The San Francisco Apple store has had lines just to look at their products. My wife and I went there last year on a vacation and that store was loaded with people on a weekday.

Good Luck and I hope you find one.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Probably better off going to a retailer other than Apple. Try Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and other Apple Resellers that happen to be in the area.

Edit: The fact you're looking for the WiFi model will help. The AT&T/GSM models are the hardest to come by because of the international wireless compatibility.

4. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

should you get your iPad, one issue you may be running into is wireless channels

[​IMG]

meaning, if your router broadcasts on a certain radio channel, your device may not be able to connect to it. changing the channel would take care of it, though.

5. Hecro thread starter macrumors member

Im running dd-wrt on a dual-wifi router - so I can just change one of the wifi's. But thanks for the tip :)

I will pass on the info about the reseller stores - the prize should be the exact same as in the Apple stores right?

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Yup - should be the exact same. The only exception that I've ever seen is Walmart, but it's within $10. I doubt they're doing that with the iPad yet though.