Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hecro

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Denmark
So I live in Denmark which is the most expensive iPad contry in the world - life is hard, I know :)

Anyways, I have a relative that's just gone to San Francisco and on to Hawaii later on. Can anyone give me a hint how the queues are in front of the Apple stores in those 2 location? She doesn't wanna stand in queue for hours.

I have asked for an iPad 64GB Wi-Fi black - is that even in stock?

gescom

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2007
Austin, TX
I think you are hard pressed to find an Apple store without a line for iPads right now. The San Francisco Apple store has had lines just to look at their products. My wife and I went there last year on a vacation and that store was loaded with people on a weekday.

Good Luck and I hope you find one.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Probably better off going to a retailer other than Apple. Try Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and other Apple Resellers that happen to be in the area.

Edit: The fact you're looking for the WiFi model will help. The AT&T/GSM models are the hardest to come by because of the international wireless compatibility.

Jolly Giant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
Hamburg, Germany
should you get your iPad, one issue you may be running into is wireless channels

20110109-d4pmuie377n1qrhkc1e487e2jq.jpg"target=

meaning, if your router broadcasts on a certain radio channel, your device may not be able to connect to it. changing the channel would take care of it, though.

Hecro

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Denmark
should you get your iPad, one issue you may be running into is wireless channels

20110109-d4pmuie377n1qrhkc1e487e2jq.jpg"target=

meaning, if your router broadcasts on a certain radio channel, your device may not be able to connect to it. changing the channel would take care of it, though.

Im running dd-wrt on a dual-wifi router - so I can just change one of the wifi's. But thanks for the tip :)

I will pass on the info about the reseller stores - the prize should be the exact same as in the Apple stores right?

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I will pass on the info about the reseller stores - the prize should be the exact same as in the Apple stores right?

Yup - should be the exact same. The only exception that I've ever seen is Walmart, but it's within $10. I doubt they're doing that with the iPad yet though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.