iPad user accounts and profiles

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by samulliner, Sep 9, 2011.

1. samulliner macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2010

We are looking at implementing iPads throughout our school, or at least getting a trolley of approx. 30 - however we are worried about security of students work.
    Does anyone know anything about having specific user accounts on the iPad? is it possible? is it coming? HELP ME!!!;)

Thank you!
  2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Shropshire, UK
    There is no concept of separate users or user profiles on the iPad - it's a single user device.

This is the same in current beta versions of iOS 5 and Apple have not announced anything that would suggest this is going to change in the future
  3. sophiak macrumors newbie

Aug 25, 2011
    Hi there
    That's what I do for a living :) Currently rolling out 700 iPads into a school. We've learnt a lot (saving time wise and money wise). If you need any other assistance don't hesitate to contact me.
  4. samulliner thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2010
    Thank you so much for this offer Sophiak - I would love to take you up on that offer!

5. BlendedFrog macrumors regular

Dec 9, 2010
    Also...if you're looking for an implementation of a mdm solution...I do work for Mobile Iron.

Take a look and see if that might be an option for you: http://www.mobileiron.com/