Ipad using Imac Bluetooth mouse how to get it to 1st find then pair

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mdoyle, Jul 1, 2010.

1. mdoyle macrumors member

Hi i thought i'd ask this question as i'm struggling to get this to work. I've managed to sync via bluetooth my imacs bluetooth keyboard with my ipad but it doesn't seem to want to find the mouse. I had hoped to use the mouse as the cursor whilst using the letmein app to remote control my imac. Can it work or is it only the keyboard that is useable. Letmein is get but using you finger for the mouse is slow and awkward

2. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

No curser on the iPad, I don't think that Apple would approve an app that did.

3. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

While the iPad has BT, it does not support the HID for mouse. Keyboards are another thing. I have one paired with a BT keyboard.

4. mdoyle thread starter macrumors member

Cheers seems i can use it as a mouse but not a mouse with it. Who knows some clever person out there might beable to make such a app in the future

5. Blakeco123 macrumors regular

Blakeco123

if you jailbreak you can get an app that allows you to control the ipad with a bluetooth mouth. don't recall the app though

6. mdoyle thread starter macrumors member

thanks but i don't really want to jail break whilst still under warrenty just in case a just in case situation occurs/

7. Blakeco123 macrumors regular

Blakeco123

i understand i dont jailbreak either my friend does though thats how i found out

8. Sfdoddsy macrumors newbie

Only way is via Jailbreak.

Once you do, it works just fine.