iPad using iPhone 4 SIM

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lostanddamned, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I know that Apple say the iPad micro-SIM card will not work with your iPhone, however what about the other way around?

I figure that the iPad micro-SIM won't work with the iPhone 4 because it does not have a voice plan or a PAYG set up, however the iPhone's micro-SIM does have an unlimited data plan as part of it, and it is rare that I would be using the iPad outside of WiFi - but having the option would be pretty cool, especially if it costs no more.

2. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Yes, it works. Do some Google searching and you'll find your answer. I've tried it and it works fine.

3. Lostanddamned thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I did a bit of google research, but my google-fu is weak.

4. Lostanddamned thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

Sarcasm. How original.

5. GeekLawyer macrumors 68020

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    Sarcastic or not, the first search result is exactly what you're looking for...

6. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

EXACTLY. Thanks for the gratitude. As a matter of fact, the top three links will get you what you needed.

Like I said, if you Google it you will get the answer.

7. Lostanddamned thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

As it happens, I had googled, several times but; as I tend to use strings of key words, as opposed to sentences when I use a search engine, I had been unsuccessful. Instead I chose to ask a group of people with more knowledge than me, which is another acceptable way of finding information online.

I stated in my opening post that I knew that the iPad SIM will not work with the iPhone 4, but I see now that I should have stated outright that I had previously looked into the matter and been unsuccessful. Your first reply was all I needed, simply to be told yes - it does work. The follow up was unneeded, you stated in the first that google has the instructions, and was I so motivated to find them myself - I would have.

****** is a tool that I previously thought was disallowed on this forum, as it is sarcastic and slightly insulting to the recipient. It is a shame that this forum does not, like others, allow users to lock their own threads or delete their own posts - as these are useful once a discussion has reached its logical conclusion.