iPad v1 and Safari PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ozpsychp, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ozpsychp macrumors newbie

G'Day all,

I recently looked at my iPad internet history for Safari. It only showed 1 day of internet history.

Any idea what the cause could be? I haven't browsed in several days, but i just returned from a vacation in which I browsed many days.

I do not clear history, but have suffered several Safari crashes lately. Could this be the culprit? I need to find an answer as a cleared internet history looks very suspicious to the misus...

Tech Info - I have the 1st Generation 64gB iPad running iOS 5.0.1.

Cheers!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iOS only stores the past few days worth of history. If you haven't used it in a week, it'll be empty.

3. ozpsychp thread starter macrumors newbie

The misus states she read on apple that it stores the last month worth of history. Any ideas?

Thank you!

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

She has misread the page. iOS only stores the past week. For the past three weeks I've been using Safari on my 4S running 5.0 daily. It only shows my history since last Thursday, March 15. It doesn't show the week before that and tomorrow, it won't show March 15th in its history.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

If the Mrs is that worried about this, the history in Safari IS NOT the problem!

6. batotman macrumors 6502

You're suffering crashes because it's iOS 5.0.1. Some have said 5.1 helps. But I am not taking that chance. Sticking with 4.3.3. Crashed like crazy in Safari on 5.0 for me. Wanted to beat it with a hammer. Advantage of jailbreaking - I was able to revert back to 4.3.3. Non-jailbreakers aren't so lucky.

Huge thread on it in Apple forums.