iPad version of Instagram?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by cammyg123, Feb 11, 2014.

1. cammyg123 macrumors regular

cammyg123

Does anybody know information about and official Instagram application coming for the iPad that will fit the dimensions of the screen? Like the Facebook app does and such.

I love how the bar that shows the time and wifi/cellular signal and battery percentage fits with the app like in the Facebook app.

2. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

There's no official Instagram for iPad app which baffles me to be quite honest. I use Padgram personally.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Use Padgram. Much better than Instagram itself imo. :)

4. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Instagram and Facebook know there will be no iPad version because they think people might not taking picture off iPad. :apple:

6. cammyg123 thread starter macrumors regular

cammyg123

I find myself taking many pictures with my rMini that's why I was wondering. But it does make perfect sense that the vast majority take photos with the iPhone.

----------

I know you'd think such a widely used app would at least have some official version for iPad! Thanks for the input :D

----------

Appreciate the suggestion, and yes I do agree with you and I did end up going with you're suggestion of Flow for Instagram, I absolutely love the UI it has! Thanks again to you and everyone else who helped out with this problem I faced. :)

Many thanks,

Cam

7. danniexi macrumors 6502

another vote for Flow. Great UI with more functions over the original iPhone instagram app.

8. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

I use Flipboard to view Instagram on iPad. No interest in app.

9. huytoan macrumors newbie

10. That-Guy, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014

That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Liking this app works very well, Flow has got a little buggy so would love to switch the Retro.

The only thing stopping me is there doesn't seem to be a way to favourite tags for quick searching like you can in Flow. Could this feature be added?

Just another section on the left for favourites would complete this app. Then you can just use the search feature as normal and star the tags you want in your favourites.

Edit:

Found a few bugs:

- App has crashed a couple of times.
    - Some photos that are Geotagged do not show the location instead display the words "Geotagged Location"
    - I change the view layout for search results but the layout is not remembered on my next search.

Still a great app with allot of promise, hoping these small issues can be resolved.

11. jasondinh macrumors newbie

jasondinh

Hey, developer of Retro here, thanks for trying out our app. You can go to search history and do a long press on the search term you want to favorite. It's a bit hidden now, we plan to redesign this feature in upcoming releases.

Photo are geotagged without location name will be displayed as "Geotagged location". Try to look it up on iPhone and you can't even see its location -> this is an improvement. We'll update the FAQ to clear the confusion.

The search results view layout will always be reset to grid because we think most people want to take a quick look at the results rather than to scroll through them. Maybe we'll remember layout for saved search terms and rest to grid for the rest. Let us think about this :).

12. huytoan macrumors newbie

Sorry for the crashes, we've fixed a bunch of those in the next version of Retro. Expect it to hit the store in 1 week time :)

Thanks again for your valuable feedbacks, really appreciate it :)

13. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

That's great thanks! Found how to favourite the search terms, one thing that may be worth changing is the order they are displayed. I'm sure most people would rather have alphabetical?

I also love the grid view with comments hidden but would rather have the thumbnails a little bigger, the same size as the grid views the show the comments.

Just trying to offer some feedback, just my personal opinion of course :)

Thanks again, from a heavy Instagram User: http://instagram.com/chrislowthian