iPad versus iPhone 4 Data Signal

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rkahl, Sep 16, 2010.

1. rkahl macrumors 65816

I'm having a hard time using my iPhone 4 inside my office at work. The signal is very weak and when I can make a call it's usually dropped. I brought in my iPad and to my surprise the signal is the best you can get; therefore, I installed Skype, purchased unlimited calls to land and mobile lines, and also bought a Skype phone number and now use my iPad to make general calls. Whatever they did to the iPhone's antenna, well they screwed up really bad. For those you have both the iPhone 4 and iPad 3G, test it out.

2. philip in al macrumors regular

No matter where I am, my iPad ALWAYS shows a stronger signal than my iPhone 4.

3. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Maybe this is because they didn't update the signal strength software for the ipad. I may be wrong, but it could be.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I am not sure why this surprise you, the iPad is much larger device, a lot easier to Place and tune the Antenna not to menton the actual size of the Antenna itself. The iPad actually have 5 Antenna 2 of those dedicated to the Cell radio.

Quick google search will give you ton of pics of the Antennas, go compare them.

5. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

All true and in addition to the fact that you aren't seeing same bar algorithm