Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPadFan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Came across this video.
It shows that iPad VGA adapter works perfectly with iPhone 4.

Link

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
Came across this video.
It shows that iPad VGA adapter works perfectly with iPhone 4.

Link

Wow!! That’s awesome! Never even knew the adapter existed! Now I have to buy the VGA adapter!

Thanks for sharing! :)

EDIT: Wait... hold on a second, does that only work through jailbreaking? Because, on the online Apple Store, most reviews say that it doesn’t work with most apps, as well as iTunes video purchases.

iPadFan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Wow!! That’s awesome! Never even knew the adapter existed! Now I have to buy the VGA adapter!

Thanks for sharing! :)

EDIT: Wait... hold on a second, does that only work through jailbreaking? Because, on the online Apple Store, most reviews say that it doesn’t work with most apps, as well as iTunes video purchases.

It works without jailbreaking. It works with Youtube, Photo, Video or any app allow TVOut.

Jailbreak iphone has just additional feature which you can view the springboard and play games on bigger screen via vga.

:)

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
yeah but no audio and no charging

I have a touchscreen LCD that takes vga.. im still waiting for someone to release apple cables that support vga/dvi/hdmi AND audio and charging

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.