iPad Video Help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by o.neill.kid, Aug 29, 2010.

1. o.neill.kid macrumors member

Hi so I have about 30 or so Blu-Rays and most of which come with Digital Copies. Well I have transferred some of my favorite movies over to my iPad and they the "menu" looks great.

[​IMG]

This is an example I don't pirate.... But if I did "download" a video from the internet or say I take one of my previously purchased DVD's/Blu-Ray's and transfer them to my computer then my iPad the "menu" looks horrible.

[​IMG]

How can I add all of the director, actor, etc information?

2. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I think you need to manually add it in iTunes via the Get Info window.

3. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

4. GinoDotCom macrumors regular

Its a warning That his threads has a big size file/pics attachment. Which he didn't.

5. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

You can download MetaX which is an iTunes plugin that should grab all of the metadata fields over the Internet and update the fields in iTunes - which then propagates the fields to the iPad movie app

It works in a similar way to the way iTunes grabs song title info for ripped CDs over the Internet using gracenote or whatever database its using nowadays.

I seem to recall that the get info window doesn't expose the actual fields that movie files use.

6. o.neill.kid thread starter macrumors member

I tried that but there is really no area for inputting the actors or other information. Yes you can do that with the film synopsis and director but thats it.

Anybody else know?

Thanks I will try that out and report back.