IPad video loops continually

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LastLine, Nov 3, 2010.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

Hey all,

I've noticed recently that my iPad video app loops around on itself continuously, so as soon as an episode finishes it starts playing the same episode again..

This may or may not have come in with 4.2 - never noticed it before but dont regularly use the video feature. Anyone got any experience with this and know how to sort it, it's somewhat similar to placing a track on 'repeat 1' in iTunes if that helps clear things up.

Rally frustrating this as it would be nicej to be able to just leave it as I watch and go to sleep and et the iPad do the same at the end of the episode, as it stands the device just loops around ad indigotin.

Pease help!

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

3. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Aye maybe, but this is the GM build in question. Anyone else having this?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Are you sure the video isn't accidentally set to repeat?

5. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

No. Not at all, but then I can't actually find an option for that, first thing I looked for.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Hmmm, you are right, there's no option for looping videos! :eek:

Ok then, I have no idea. Sorry!

7. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

It's certainly intriguing. What I haven't figured out yet is if this affects everyone or just me. If it's me it's system restore time, if not just me then what the heck are apple thinking.

8. Xero910 macrumors member

Happens for me too. Looks like something they ****ed up. 4.2.1 eh?

Mine also freezes after 1 second every now and then. Like it needs to buffer the video, on local playback...

9. FoundAHalo macrumors member

FoundAHalo

I was having this issue too on the GM, and it's still here with the final 4.2.1 release. Anybody come up with a fix yet?

10. juliuspierpont macrumors member

Chiming in to say I noticed it too the other day. Googled to find the setting I must have been missing. Good grief...what a gaffe on somebody's part.

11. Applesguy macrumors newbie

Same here

I observe the same behavior. Ever since upgrade to 4.2.1 videos now loop. At first I thought it was a continuous loop, but my wife pointed out to me that it only loops once (i.e. plays twice) and then stop. At least that is what happens with my vid clips which are all relatively shortm-- under three minutes.

I can also say that it happens for iPads synced with both Mac and Windows iTunes.

I would think this has to be a bug -- otherwise, what were the programmers at Apple thinking? How could this possibly be a "feature".

12. pup975 macrumors member

I have the same issue - the videos loop once then stops. I've also noticed that all of my thumbnails on the chapter list have gone away too. It's just black.

13. TheEvilDonut macrumors member

TheEvilDonut

I also noticed that I had the behavior this morning while I didn't have it last week. I Googled around and found this. I certainly matches my situation as I did use the shuffle function in the iPod app last week. Will give it a try!

EDIT : IT WORKS! Now that is a weird bug wouldn't you say?

About the chapter thumbnails being black I also have this problem. If anyone finds a fix PLEASE post it!!!! :)

14. FoundAHalo macrumors member

FoundAHalo

Wow, that does it! That's one strange bug... but kudos for hunting down the solution!