iPad Video MetaData Help!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gdk101, Mar 28, 2011.

1. gdk101 macrumors newbie

hi, hopefully someone can help! (and hopefully i've posted this in the right area).

I ripped the 1st season of the west wing (using Handbrake), and ran each episode through MetaX to get all the video metadata. In my iTunes each episode is showing correctly, ie. Name, Time and Description.

The issue is when I copy it to my iPad 2 its not showing the description for each episode, but is showing all other changes made.

Anyone had this issue (not showing description) and know how to fix it?

cheers
    gdk101

2. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

Do you really need the description? oh and West Wing FTW! President Bartlett ROCKS

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I use Handbrake and MetaX as well and my info won't show up either.

4. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I don't know if this is the solution, but I've found that there are two "description" fields that Apple devices use on movie/video files. They are "Description" and "Long Description".

Perhaps iTunes can read both whereas iPad only reads one of them. I know that the aTV2 was only showing the "Description" on one of the screens ... but I can't remember which.

NOTE - I use Subler, not MetaX ... so maybe the "Long Description" only works with Subler.

5. gdk101 thread starter macrumors newbie

don't really need the description, but just wondering why its not showing up - I used a different app (free trail application - can't remember the name) and it works ok! just very weird.

6. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

You need the to put the description in the "Long Description" field on MetaX.

7. gdk101 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I noticed the two description fields, I've copied it into both but still nothing. just very weird, wanted the rip to look like i got it off itunes, showing the description...

8. gdk101 thread starter macrumors newbie

done that, still not showing - any other ideas?

9. gdk101 thread starter macrumors newbie

heres a pic of what I mean, the first episode was done with a trail software package, the others with MetaX.

Attached Files:

10. gdk101 thread starter macrumors newbie

got this sorted!!! used an application call iFlicks! Sweet.