iPad "Videos" selection screen...why so inconsistent

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MattG, Apr 18, 2012.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Below is a screenshot from my iPad, showing various TV shows I have loaded up on there. I'm puzzled as to a couple of things.

1: Why isn't there a way to show these in "List" view, kind of like the music section? Additionally, for those times when I import things that don't have "art" (like something downloaded from my TiVo), why isn't there an option to have it show the show title? (I realize this one is most likely just improvements that Apple needs to eventually make)

2: Why is it so inconsistent in listing show seasons? Notice how on some, it does, and on others, it doesn't. I'm pretty anal retentive when it comes to managing my iTunes library, and everything in there is tagged. Show names, seasons, episode names -- everything is tagged. Yet, this doesn't list seasons. Some of these are shows that were purchased from iTunes, so you'd think it would display that information. These seems kinda buggy.

Anyone else think the "Videos" interface needs a revamp?

Attached Files:

2. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

I agree. My iTunes library is meticulously tagged, and videos are arranged horribly.

I also hate the iPad's Music app. Its UI is not very Apple-like. Almost like the app's UI design was assigned to a junior engineer to test him. Nothing really wrong with it, but it feels clunky.

3. AR15MBP macrumors regular

This can all be fixed by right clicking on the file in iTunes, and selecting "get info." From there you can add new artwork, retitle, add season number, and consolidate like videos. It takes a little work, but it's so worth it on that beautiful iPad screen.

4. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

Please re-read my original post, specifically point #2.

5. brian017 macrumors regular

The same show but different seasons have their season number underneath. That's why CYE has and FG hasn't

6. AR15MBP macrumors regular

Yeah, thanks I did. My point is if you're so anal retentive - your words - you can fix it. I gave you a short term solution. None of us can force Apple to be better about their media tagging.

7. MattG, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

<sigh>

Everything. Is. Already. Tagged.

Interesting -- hadn't noticed that. I'm going to load some more stuff on here and see if it exhibits the same behavior. Still looks kinda awkward I think.