iPad vidoe converter?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Suno, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

I used to use Total Video Converter, but for reasons only God knows, any videos I convert to MP4 using this program will not sync to my ipad, despite the fact that I'm using the iPad option on the program.

Can anyone give me any other recommendations? Also, it needs to be able to convert MKV files with multiple dialogue/subtitles because I'm trying to convert a few anime series as well.

2. tmagman macrumors 6502

3. Menneisyys2, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012

Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Most probably, all you need is simply setting the H.264 level to 4.1 or lower. For this, Subler is the best app in general.

4. AT101ET macrumors 6502

If yu download tw GoodPlayer App on your iPad, then most videos can be put on through iTunes without needing to be converted. It may be easier than having to convert everything.

5. Aunind macrumors newbie

I still don't get it why ppl get 3rd party video players for iOS Hardware, it takes away the greatest advantage a iPad/iPhone do have over Android devices, Hardware acceleration.
    If you want to play a MKV with subtitle on your iPad get Video Converter Ultimate for your Mac, almost anything i throw at it gets "converted" in Seconds and usually plays too, while preserving Metadata; If Ultimate doesn't take long to conver a big 1gb file. I'm one happy soul! Handbrake takes forever.