iPad virus

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marcmarcdv, Oct 2, 2011.

1. marcmarcdv macrumors regular

Whenever I login into Facebook app on my iPad it all goes to an YouTube video why that? How can I stop that?

2. ciales22 macrumors newbie

All I did was delete the app ( I got fed up with it ) and installed My PAd until they release the Facebook app next week.

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Have you installed the iPad FB app activator on cydia? If yes that's the reason why. Just remove the hacked and deleted FB app until tuesday for the official Ipad FB app.

4. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Facebook changed something and broke their app for many people. Not sure exactly what they did or how to correct it, but the problem is widespread.

-t

5. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

This problem with the Facebook app was the final push for me to uninstall the app from my iPad , and to stop using Facebook, at least the G+ app on my phone still works without launching a random youtube video from someones wall every time i open it.

interestingly the problem is not just with the app on iOS, the official Facebook app on my Samsung galaxy SII started doing exactly the same thing.

Twitter and G+ for me from now on, i guess ill just check in on the few people i know still using Facebook occasionally when I'm at a desktop and remember to check.

6. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

This thread just won the Inflammatory Title of the Week award. :rolleyes:

I see no virus here.

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

LOO I thought I was crazy.

I usually use MyPad, but the other day wanted better photo control, so loaded up the official app, and it kept, and is still redirecting me to a youtube video for 'Average White Band'.

8. jake4ever macrumors regular

This happened to me too. I just restarted mine.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Exactly. Perhaps the OP can explain how this is a virus.

As best I can figure out, people are upset that FaceBook no longer allows them to use an app that was never officially released.

10. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

This is happening with the iPhone app running on the iPad. I suspect it's related to the mechanism they are going to use to enable the iPad code in the iPhone app and they simply were too tricky for their own good and broke things early...

-t

11. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816

I just deactivated my Facebook account for the following reason: I posted a picture of my dog for all to see and then left. I went back to Facebook, and above the photo of my dog my home phone number and personal e-mail address were in full display. I have never entered such at Facebook nor any other public website, so i was surprised to see them there.

What I enter at websites, Facebook, etc. is my "hotmail" e-mail address, but no telephone numbers of any kind, nor the e-mail addresses provided by my ISP.

So, deactivated the whole thing and am done with Facebook.

12. androiphone macrumors 65816

did you deactivate or delete it? the first means all your info is completely still on facebooks servers and will stay there forever waiting for you to log back in and reactivate your profile,
    the 2nd actually deletes your info.