iPad vs Blender

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Is there a gadget this guy HASN'T blended. This is at least better than those punks smashing the iPad in front of the BestBuy.

I'd like to see him try and blend my MacPro.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
Is there a gadget this guy HASN'T blended. This is at least better than those punks smashing the iPad in front of the BestBuy.

I'd like to see him try and blend my MacPro.
:D They’d need a blender the size of a jet engine.

Some people will do ANYTHING for attention. :rolleyes:

sl1200mk2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
I feel the same way about this as I did the kids smashing a brand new iPad outside of Best Buy. It's just stupid and an ugly display of how wasteful we really are.

I mean, how many versions of the ipod, iphone and ipad are they going to continue doing it with? Is it really that funny or interesting at this point? <sigh>

FWW

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
Anchorage, AK
The answer is no. That fat turd had to smash it in half... I wonder if this schlep removes the batteries from this crap before he rolls camera... I hope not, he deserves the kind of super mutant cancer that one would get by breathing in lithium battery particulate.

FWW

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
Anchorage, AK
The answer is no. That fat turd had to smash it in half... I wonder if this schlep removes the batteries from this crap before he rolls camera... I hope not, he deserves the kind of super mutant cancer that one would get by breathing in lithium battery particulate.

yg17

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Jesus....who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
"Don't breathe this!"

- Every time he blends something potentially toxic, he adds that extra verbal disclaimer, over and above the typical "Don't try this at home" that accompanies most of these videos.

yyy

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2007
I feel the same way about this as I did the kids smashing a brand new iPad outside of Best Buy. It's just stupid and an ugly display of how wasteful we really are.
I'm not sure about those kids but the blendtec video is just PR. He's trying to advertise his company by destroying all kinds of stuff. They even got a website full of videos: http://www.blendtec.com/willitblend/

Rather than spending a lot of money for a TV ad he's doing some cool stuff. That's a great marketing strategy if you ask me.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
It's just stupid and an ugly display of how wasteful we really are........ Is it really that funny or interesting at this point? <sigh>
Who is we? I think that the iPad is more of a display of how "wasteful" we really are...

And yes, it is funny and interesting. Watching that guy blend stuff gives hope to my otherwise bleak and meaningless, wasteful stupid ugly existence ;)

Chill out guys, its genius viral marketing and I applaud the company for it.