Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
My ipad 2 is the 3g model and i use the cell connectivy rarely, most of the time the ipad is in the house or always.

Funny, same with me. I bought the ipad3 with the verizon mainly in case of power outtage. But while my verizon phone works just barely in the house, the ipad cell doesnt. I'm actually sorry i spent the extra $130 above the $499. And now i have the nexus 7 that does all the ipad does but i can carry the nexus 7 anywhere.

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
I'm fairly certain the ipad is also a multimedia device versus a productivity device. I gave my dad the new ipad when I got my nexus because the nexus fits its role of being an ultraportable device very well. I cannot put my ipad in my back pocket and take it out to read a book on the train. Whenever I see somebody reading a book on an iPad, i wonder "couldn't they have bought a kindle instead?". And the iPad is large to carry and hold for long periods of time.

I call bs on this. The nexus has 16gb of space versus your 64 gb and it lacks wireless cell connectivity. You probably wouldnt buy a 64gb ipad with LTE in the first place if you werent going to use those functions.

You can call anything you like but your wrong. I have unlimited LTE tethering on my phone so I connect my laptop, my Nexus 7, my iPod, my friends laptop, at the same time for $30 so bite me on point one. With cloud services I don't need to carry my 50GB of music anymore so bite me on point two. Oh and for calling me a liar BITE ME:cool:

Last edited:

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Another vote for the Nexus 7 here. I bought one last week and love it. The iPad feels a bit unwieldy to use while holding with one hand at times, whereas the Nexus 7 is super light and incredibly portable- it never has that problem. The software's also great, Jellybean is fast and fluid and I've found an Android version of every app I use on a regular basis on my iPhone.

biosci

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Chicagoland, IL
Do the google tablets have the same yearly upgrade cycle or do they update every 6 months or so like some phones do? I feel like there's a new Android phone every couple of months or so...

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
Do the google tablets have the same yearly upgrade cycle or do they update every 6 months or so like some phones do? I feel like there's a new Android phone every couple of months or so...

Well there are a lot of Android tablets but I'm pretty sure the "Nexus" line that runs Vanilla Android is once a year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.