iPad vs iPad apps?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by 3Pedals6Speeds, May 20, 2010.

1. 3Pedals6Speeds macrumors member

Can anyone recommend any good (if they exist) game apps where players with an iPad each can play head to head? I'm thinking of all the possibilities (Stratego, Scrabble, etc...) that would work great on a pair of iPads, but I haven't seen anything yet.

2. John Paul macrumors member

Strategery is a fun app that allows online play against other users. (Haven't done it myself yet but it's listed in the options.) It's sort of like a simplified version of Risk. Fun little app if you like those sorts of games.

I also have a combination bowling/shuffleboard game called 10 Pin Shuffle that allows you to play against another user head-to-head, but I get the sense that both of you need to be on the same WiFi network. Again, I haven't tested that part of the game out so I can't say for sure. But it's basically 3 games in one; shuffleboard, bowling, or a third game that is a mix of bowling & poker...you don't keep score, instead as you bowl you get 2 cards for every strike and 1 card for every spare and at the end of 10 frames you compare poker hands and whoever has the better poker hand wins. Very different game, adds a new twist to things.

Both of those apps are under $5, and each has a Lite version you can test out for free. Might be worth your time checking them out.

3. 3Pedals6Speeds thread starter macrumors member

This is what I'm actually looking for, some games that allow me to play against a family member with their iPad, there in the same room as I am.

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00