iPad VS iPhone video orientation

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by boiee, Jan 17, 2013.

1. boiee macrumors member

Could not find a thread for this, so I decided to make my own.

A friend of mine recorded a video for me using her iPhone 5 in portrait orientation (long sides up and down) and put it in Dropbox account for me. I then downloaded the video to my computer and re-uploaded onto my iPhone 5 and iPad mini.

I've noticed that my iPhone plays the video backwards: when the phone is in portrait orientation (long sides up and down), the video is playing in landscape orientation (long sides left and right) and when in landscape orientation, the video is playing in portrait orientation.

However, when viewing the same video on my iPad mini, the video plays in landscape orientation when the iPad is in a landscape orientation and plays in portrait orientation when the iPad is in portrait orientation.

Is this any way to fix this? If so, would you be so kind to direct me how to do it.

Otherwise, am I just stuck as this is a difference in the OS for iPad VS iPhone?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. boiee thread starter macrumors member

3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Have you tried downloading directly to your iPhone from Dropbox to see if it makes any difference? Delete the previous download first.

4. boiee thread starter macrumors member

Thanks - this works for now, but I would always have to have a wireless source. I wanted to house it internally on the phone.

Any other potential solutions?