iPad iPad vs Maytag

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hausjam, May 30, 2013.

1. hausjam macrumors member

Maytag wins. Don't let this happen to you.

Though it is still powered on. Won't sync to a computer though :eek:

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. hausjam thread starter macrumors member

Not me. My boss. He just dropped it on my desk and asked if there was any hope :lol:

I guess he set it on top of a laundry basket. His wife decided to do laundry. Bad timing.

4. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Any hope he asked ???? Apple products are good, but not that good.

5. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

6. hausjam thread starter macrumors member

I am honestly impressed it still powered on. Stayed on actually. Must have through the whole wash.

I kind of wiggled around the connectors on the motherboard, and all of a sudden it connected to my computer, itunes recognized it, and I was actually able to back it up!!! I am seriously impressed.

Though I decided to do a restore to get his personal data off it (I figured I will throw it on ebay and see what happens) It copied the restore to the ipad, but now its stuck in recovery mode. Of course, that's an academic issue now anyway :D

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

She must do laundry like I do. I take as much as possible and shove that **** in the machine. I have nearly lost my phone like that. Either way, there is no real hope.

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Same here. :eek:

And OP, most likely it destroyed the motherboard/storage bits since it won't sync. The only bits that may be worth it are the camera and toggles.

9. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

10. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I heard of a guy who lost his MacBook Air in a similar fashion. He left it on the coffee table where it got mixed with the newspapers and his wife recycled it.

11. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Boss Wife must have some mighty big loads of laundry if she didn't feel anything odd about that load she stuck in the washer. While light, the iPad sure isn't soft or floppy. Crazy.

12. Essenar macrumors 6502a

You might be able to get an OOW replacement. It's worth a shot anyway.

I took an iPhone 3GS that was almost completely destroyed and they let me do an OOW. Literally the screen was broken off and completely destroyed. (My ex girlfriend was a complete psychopath. I was late to meet her at the gym for a class and she freaked out and threw her phone at the floor and stepped on it repeatedly. It was $150 to replace at Apple. The guy literally told me, "This is the worst one I've seen so far..." And yes, we broke up permanently not long after).

13. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

"MacBook air is highly recyclable" -Johny Ive

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

rofl

But I do remember hearing the newspaper story -- I think it was when the 11 inch Air first came out, and people were still getting used to how small and light it is.

15. donnaw macrumors 65816

Chances are it was one of the low water washers. I recently did a load and when pulling it out found one of those huge wolf spiders in the drum. It had survived the entire wash cycle. I hate, hate, hate spiders and I won't go into the comedy of how I managed to get it out with the fireplace tongs (it was very much alive and active).

What I find odd is that surely it was banging around the entire cycle. I would have thought she would have heard it and checked.

Oh well, two lessons here - 1). do not put your electronics where they don't belong (ie, on top of laundry). 2). Don't just take a huge arm load of laundry and stuff it in. Mainly because it just won't get clean, especially with the new low water volume washers out now. The clothes don't separate during the wash cycle, they just stay in a big lump.

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

LOL, I thought I was the only one who did that. I do separate my wash though. Stinky in one pile REALLY stinky in another. Then jam it in