iPad iPad vs. Smartphone for browsing, videos, games, email, music, etc.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattfab, Dec 9, 2012.

1. mattfab macrumors member

My main device I use for browsing the web daily, watching youtube videos, playing games, using email, and other similar tasks is my android smartphone. It's a great device, and it does all these things with mostly no problem. I own a school issued macbook, but many sites are blocked, and thats why I use my smartphone for browsing mostly. Even though my phone browses the web fine, it can sometimes get pretty annoying. For example, always pinching to zoom, some content isnt available on some mobile sites, so I then have to go on the desktop sites,and it can get annoying viewing desktop sites on a mobile phone. Watching videos isnt a problem really either, but I would much prefer doing this on a bigger screen, and android doesn't really have alot of great games that the app store has, especially for iPad.Btw I do the majority of this stuff in bed or on the couch. So my question is, would buying an iPad to replace my smartphone for these tasks be worth it. I have tried out the iPad before and I loved it, but would it be worth the 500$ in the long run.
    I am going to have enough money for one after christmas, so this could be a really nice christmas present, or I could just save all of it. I have less than $200 saved sicne I just started working, but I dont really need to save for anything that I would need in the next year. So will it be a good investment. Im 16 btw

2. AppleRobert macrumors 603

You'd be dealing with the Apple ecosystem so to try it out, why not go with the iPad Mini? It would save you some money and you can get an idea where you'd stand. Best Buy has extended the return policy to late January fr purchases made now. It will give you lots of time to try it out.

3. mattfab thread starter macrumors member

thanks for letting me know about this return policy, does it apply to all ipads?