iPad vs Tablet

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Greatwok, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Greatwok macrumors newbie

Greatwok

Which is better...iPad vs Tablet. I have heard mix reviews from both.

2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

hmm. you need to be more specfic, there are loads of tablets out there.
    there are entry level tablets [like the Cruze Tablet]
    there are E-reader tablets [Kindle/Nook]
    there are more better tablets that one can compare to the iPad since they have a similar purpose [Xoom, ASUS Transformer (prime), Iconia, K1, Thrive etc. the list goes on..]

so if you want a fair comparison , i think we would all appreciate some more info :)

you can even give us a link :D

3. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

this his an in credibly stupid question iPad vs tablet there r 30 dollar tablets that they give out in india u no that are horrible

and to answer ur question the iPad is still better then all but the iPad 3 with double res screen and quad core processor it will be boss

4. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

What are you using it for? The iPad is pretty good yeah, but it depends on your price range.

5. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

with the first part yeah there are $30 tablets in India, and yes they are sub-par but think about the uses. It isn't for what Americans would use it for, and besides it's a low cost device suitable for those in Indian who aren't rich. You can buy an iPad in India too you know, but it costs way more...

And to answer your second question, i think that depends on the user. I mean the iPad is a great device, and being a macrumor place, there will be thousands of apple fans supporting iPads, but still there are other tablets that are pretty sweet. I personally like the ASUS Transformer Prime, it's a sleek device, has ICS [ ithink? I know it will], and would i consider it over the iPad? ... maybe, maybe not. with my current uses I don't need a tablet, but if I do, it would depend on the uses :)