iPad vs Transformer Prime **Video Inside**

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Wicked4u2c, May 14, 2012.

1. gregrose macrumors 6502

Great video & he's 100% correct. The droid interface looks nice but man it's laggy

2. taipan61 macrumors 6502

have both, don't find ICS laggy at all (although i find that ICS has a few issues that they haven't fixed yet)

all in all its a nice little machine with expandable memory and usb ports on the keyboard (hint hint apple)

3. mcsenerd macrumors regular

Not gonna happen...no matter how many folks whine about it. Ask yourself...have you seen an Apple made mouse with two "real" buttons on it? Yeah...that didn't happen either and this won't happen either. Apple is a very intransigent company when it comes to what they "think" is the right way. They really will completely buck the whims of large numbers of consumers who they believe aren't their intended consumer anyway...

4. taipan61 macrumors 6502

yeah i know (been buying apple products since '83) but it's nice to wish every once in a while :D

5. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Whats funny as I was just debating on the prime or new ipad, this helped make my decision.

6. nickn, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012

nickn macrumors 6502

Thanks for linking! That sums it up pretty well. The Transformer is overall better, but the software is slightly lacking. Also, just so you guys know, that is the low end eee pad. The new Transformer Infinity is coming out soon, which has an upgraded 1920x1200 display. That would somewhat fix the resolution issues described. Assuming the reviews are good, I am in for the Asus Transformer Infinity as soon as I can get ahold of one.

7. bossxii macrumors 68000

That's the thing with the Android perpetual releases. Everyone wants to defend them with "just wait until the next one...". I owned the Asus Transformer, it was a nice pc of hardware, but as expected laggy UI, no apps to speak of and no real support form the Dev community.

I'm not bashing the hardware makers, they try to out do each other with spec's and that keeps pushing everything ahead. The reality is however Android has been in beta for several years now and they just point fingers at each other and make excuses why something lags, or why they haven't relased an update etc... It's pointless to buy a device that within 3 months will be outdated hardware wise, still running the "old" OS version before Asus, Moto or whoever drops a new product on the market in hopes to sell a few hundred thousand tablets.

Software and the app eco system is everything with a tablet. Android has a very long way to go. This video is sad proof of that.

8. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Apps, fit, finish and ease of use along with its simplicity will continue to give Apple the lead. What Apple needs to do right now is make iOS 6 a real kicker. Last year we were all hyped up for iOS 5. I hope iOS gets enough additions this time around to shake off the "stale" feeling. Nothing crazy, but something we can turn off and on like widgets, better info on the lock screen or the animations.

9. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

10. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

The guy seems a bit biased towards the iPad, eg..it doesn't feel right! The weight distribution is all wrong! Duh...I hate these smart ass reviewers...it's only one mans notion of what he thinks...

11. PhoneI macrumors 65816

but he would be right. The Prime does feel a tad but awkward to hold.

12. seajewel macrumors 6502

Seems like he's entitled to his opinion, he wasn't saying that everyone will feel that way but that's his impression upon using the iPad 3 compared to the iPad 2. I think the review was quite fair and did a good job of showing the iPad's benefits over the Asus TF.

He was claiming the iPad 3's weight distribution compared to the iPad 2 is wonky, not that the TF is awkward to hold.