iPad iPad warranty John Lewis

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dazlicous, Jan 6, 2014.

1. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Just took my faulty iPad 64GB 3rd Gen to John Lewis under there 2 year warranty.
    front camera just black screen home button intermittent does not always respond.

There Tech Department restored it to wipe and said they will send it to Apple to investigate it and if found faulty they won't fix it but send a replacement. I said I take it they would send a refurb has a replacement and he said no it be a brand new one which Apple keep stock of to replace faulty items.

Anyone had a replacement from John Lewis during the 2nd year, surely Apple wouldn't have any new stock of the 3rd gen still unless its a refurb. or is the guy just talking crap and it be a refurb.

2. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

It'll be a refurb. Even apples own stores replace devices with refurbs. Nothing wrong with them at all though.

3. dazlicous thread starter macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

i know there nothing wrong with refurbs TBF Apple refurbs are good as new.was just a bit shocked the guy saying it be a new one and not a refurb

still thinking of selling it and paying the extra and getting a Air.

whats the going rate in the UK for a 64GB Wi-Fi only refurb with 2 months warranty

4. seble macrumors 6502a

Not so sure on the price, but here's another vote for a refurb. A refurb from Apple is basically a new device anyway really so you have nothing to worry about on that front.