iPad-which one?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by korsakova, Dec 14, 2010.

1. korsakova macrumors newbie

korsakova

I am planning to buy an iPad and in case I'm out and about, maybe I should get a 3G+Wifi? or maybe, as I have an iPhone4, I could use it as modem and connect it wirelessly to my ipad?

2. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Makes sense.

Not possible without jailbreaking your iPhone.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I thought this depends on which country you are in? Doesn't carriers in some countries other than US offer tethering options? Also, didn't AT&T start offering tethering plans for the iPhone recently? I think people go the jailbreak route to avoid paying tethering fees.

4. Built macrumors 68020

Personally, I would recommend getting the 3G. Why buy a device that is "crippled" from the start? Or that needs an external tether which, in reality, undermines the iPad's big selling point...it's accessibility and portability.

5. dhjapple89 macrumors member

Get the wifi iPad and save your $$$ from AT&T. Go out and buy the Clear iSpot for $100 and then you have unlimited data for $25/month on 4G speeds (avg. 6mbps down, 1.5mbps up) there is a 1GB upload cap, but what are you going to upload from your iPad?

The only drawback is you have to be in a Clear 4G area but they are adding new locations monthly and most big cities and some small already have it. I'm currently in Waco, TX (halfway between Dallas & Austin) and I have Clear 4G everywhere in Waco. I love it.