iPad iPad: Which Warranty?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Taylor814ce, Dec 7, 2013.

?

Which do you recommen?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2016.
  1. Apple Care +(Plus)

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. SquareTrade

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Other

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Don't need or want any insurance/warranty on mine.

17 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. Taylor814ce macrumors newbie

SquareTrade vs. Apple care +, What do you have or want? Why?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Save the $ and use it to upgrade annually unless you are a total clumsy oaf. I'm not Mr. Coordinated myself & have never fatally damaged my iPads & yes, they've been pushed off beds, sofas, & desks. Also many credit cards, esp AMEX & Visa platinum & Visa Signature include 1year warranty extension @ no charge & 2 or 3 month accidental damage insurance. These programs work -- had to use them on laptops a couple times. Relatively painless & you can use Apple for the repair if you want.

3. JustCrusin macrumors member

After my wife scratched her new iPad about a week after it was unboxed we opted for Squaretrade. No deductible and if you find a coupon a 2 year warranty runs about $84.

4. mobutt macrumors 6502

Pretty much.

5. GoingDark macrumors 6502

If you live near an Apple Store, AppleCare+ is the way to go. Simply make a genius appointment, pay the deductible and walk out with a replacement unit.

However I wouldn't bother with any warranty unless the particular configuration of iPad I was buying was $600+, or I was particularly clumsy.

$500 or less and it doesn't really make sense since you'd be paying 20% of the price of a brand new iPad on the off chance that something might happen to it.

My iPad cost me over $700 after taxes, so for me, the AppleCare+ was worth it.

6. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

I looked at SquareTrade for my Air, but their iPad plan coverage limit was below the cost of my iPad. Went with AppleCare+.

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Well said. I went with a cellular model this time and the out the door cost was higher than my iPad 2. I went with apple care this time.

8. OCJeff macrumors regular

Or......

I only have it on my iPhone and iPad since they are often found in my 3 (now 4) year old's hands.

I trust myself, but have comfort with a warranty for the little guy's actions.

But honestly thinking about it, the more time my kid uses the iPad, the less he does with my iPhone. Maybe time to cancel the ST warranty on the iPhone and get my pro-rated refund.

9. kathyricks macrumors 6502

But is it realistic to think the hardware of these iPads can withstand a full 2 years of heavy daily use? I know from first hand experience that an iMac can survive that much use, but I would be surprised in an iPad could.

10. dave420 macrumors 65816

I used Squaretrade for both my original iPad and the iPad Air. I like their options for no deductible and three year coverage. I would go with Apple, but I really want a third year of warranty.
    If you have a case or don't feel that you might break it, or you are happy to buy a new one soon, then I can see a warranty not being needed.