iPad, White or Black???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lanes1lva, Mar 5, 2011.

1. lanes1lva macrumors member

What would be the more practical choice of the iPad 2?

2. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Please elaborate. Personally I'd choose black, but your preference of colour depends on what your tastes are.

Ams.

3. JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Do you mean practical as in possible resale value? Because other than cosmetics, both function just the same. There was a thread on here about possibly the black or white being better for reading, but I think both would be just fine for that.

4. lanes1lva thread starter macrumors member

I like the look of both, I'm wondering more about if the white will show dirt and look worn, and if the black will show more fingerprints?

5. lanes1lva thread starter macrumors member

I'm not worried about resale, but I plan on having it a while and want the one that will look the best longest.

6. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

The surface/material of the black and white iPads are no different. The colour lies beneath the glass so it won't really affect the amount of dirt shown. As for fingerprints... on black there is a possibility that they will show more that white.

Ams.

7. jvette macrumors 6502

jvette

I'm going with black because it seems like there is always problems with Apple and White things.

8. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I think Black would be better, but I want white....

Oh dear :(

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Personal preference. Many people like the white iPhone and presumably they'll like or want the white iPad as well.

10. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

u can get a black so there is a white left for me!!! lol:D

personally i want the white because it is new and it just looks ll around cool. the black is classic and sharp looking so im swaying towards white. the white one reminds me of my magic mouse idk why but i like it.

11. Pikkachu macrumors newbie

I'm sure there is some complete nut Apple fan somewhere who has every product that Apple ever made and at least once decided to his cover the floow of his whole living room in a chessboard style tiling of the endless black iPods, laptops, iPhones and now iPads that Apple has made over the years. I think it'd look awesome.

12. lanes1lva thread starter macrumors member

Well, after this I think I'm going to get the black one. Thank you all!:apple: