Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
Hi all,

A friend of mine is (hopefully) going to buy me an ipad while she is in the US... Does anyone know if she will be able to walk into the apple store and just pick one up, or is there still a waiting list? I'm just after the bog standard 16gb wifi only version...
cheers!

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Consensus appears to be: it changes daily. I'd just go to the local Apple stores and take your chances. We've seen stories here of in-stock, and out for a week in various parts of the country.

I'm in San Francisco for a couple of days (leaving first thing in the AM, or I'd pop in and check for you!), and this is the first place I've actually seen poster ads for the iPad. They're all over the financial district... Don't know if it has anything to do with being only a few miles from HQ? :)

Lotus Esprit V8

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
New England
I would try a Best Buy before an Apple store as you should have a better chance. If you have to go to an Apple store I would choose one out in the suburbs and not in a major city.

jron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
any other opinions? I'm sooo keen to get one but I bet they are going to delay the aussie release...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.