Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
Just curious to know. If I buy an iPad with with the cellular option am I forced to sign up for a cell plan? Or is the cellular feature simply there in the event I choose to use it? Can I just add the SIM card whenever I want?

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Just curious to know. If I buy an iPad with with the cellular option am I forced to sign up for a cell plan? Or is the cellular feature simply there in the event I choose to use it? Can I just add the SIM card whenever I want?
No one will force you to buy cellular plan. You can joint monthly and do skip a month, it is your choice.
Cellular is for person on the go outside without Wifi such as bus stop, on the street and so.

Comment

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
No one will force you to buy cellular plan. You can joint monthly and do skip a month, it is your choice.
Cellular is for person on the go outside without Wifi such as bus stop, on the street and so.

Yeah I meant "month to month". Okay so I can sign up whenever I want to. Thanks.

Comment

Syk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Cellular also has a gps. Not sure why they won't include a gps in the wifi model. I think one is included in the Nexus7

It should come with a sim and you just activate it when you need it.

Comment

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
it's optional, up to you whether to activate or not.

if you're not activating it or don't plan on using it - turn off LTE. it saves on your battery life

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.