Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ditesilke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
In the Clouds
Hi guys, perhaps someone might be able to help me. I've got a wifi issue - I use a WEP secure network at work and I also have a WEP network at home. Both use MAC authenticating. The one at work may be 64bit and I have no problem connecting to it. I've entered my iPad's MAC address and everything and it works. The network at home is 128bit and for some reason everytime I try to connect I keep getting an 'incorrect password' error. I checked and recheck my MAC address in the filtering table, I tried to change the router password to HEX and use as encryption key, still not working. I thought maybe since my password uses special characters (# and @) that it might not be compatible or something, that's why I tried Hexadecimal format, but I don't think that's it. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I reset the network settings on the iPad, I rebooted the iPad, still no change. And I verified and reverified the network SSID and password.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Would greatly appreciate.

Handsome Bacon

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2012
Hi guys, perhaps someone might be able to help me. I've got a wifi issue - I use a WEP secure network at work and I also have a WEP network at home. Both use MAC authenticating. The one at work may be 64bit and I have no problem connecting to it. I've entered my iPad's MAC address and everything and it works. The network at home is 128bit and for some reason everytime I try to connect I keep getting an 'incorrect password' error. I checked and recheck my MAC address in the filtering table, I tried to change the router password to HEX and use as encryption key, still not working. I thought maybe since my password uses special characters (# and @) that it might not be compatible or something, that's why I tried Hexadecimal format, but I don't think that's it. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I reset the network settings on the iPad, I rebooted the iPad, still no change. And I verified and reverified the network SSID and password.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Would greatly appreciate.

Reboot the router. Happened to me once. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.