Ipad wifi issue in the hospital?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OverSpun, Feb 1, 2011.

1. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Some people would know how hospital wifi makes a guest say..

User- guest
    Pass- guest

However, I'm guessing the iPad falls asleep and it won't keep it's connect, so I keep waiting for the wifi waiting the user/pass. If I turn away on the phone, so wifi only stays connected for 5 mins. It's so frustrating.

Any ideas making this work better? Some hospitals have better wifi systems. :)

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I remember spending a few weeks in a hospital in Jacksonville and the WiFi was fast, very fast and never disconnected on me. Maybe this one was having an issue.:confused:

3. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I'm Living in the hospital for 1 month to fight cancer demons. It's real annoying having the wifi shutting down, but I think it's my iPad and phone. :(

I wish I had a verizon mifi for a bit time.

4. El Aurens macrumors member

Hang in there buddy. I was in the hospital a few months ago for surgery to remove chest tumours. The hospital charged for daily usage of the hospital wifi, so I jailbroke my iPad and installed iTether so that I could use my 6gb iPhone data plan with the iPad for no extra cost. In Canada they allow iPhones to tether for free (except for iPad), so I didn't have to JB the iPhone. The iPad made my stay in the hospital much more bearable. Take care.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe that if the screen turns off, the wifi signal is disconnected, and that's done to maintain the battery life. There should be a way in the settings to keep the userid and password so you don't always need to enter the log in credentials

6. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I'm glad your doing well! I tried tethering ky iPhone 4, but the phone freaked out wit "no sim" errors for hours. It finally worked pulling the sim and it worked. Cancer sucks. iPads help this a lot

7. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Dang, I have no idea if that's possible On the iPad tho

8. kapebretoner macrumors newbie

Hospital Wifi

In the hospital I stayed in I found that with my laptop that certain areas of the floor seemed to work better. I found that if I spent time in the patient lounge the wifi signal seemed stronger and I had no connection problems.

9. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

Virgin Mobile has something similar, you might want to look at that.
    Praying for you!