iPad wifi not working- iPad 2 replacement?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by courboy, Mar 27, 2011.

1. courboy macrumors regular

Hello

I have owned an iPad one for approximately 8 months and have had no previous problems with it until the last week. it randomly kept asking me to connect to iTunes again, although as I had a password enabled on the iPad, this wasn't possible.

Today I took it to my local apple store today and they were able to sort it out for me. However, since I have got home, I have noticed the wifi is no longer working. The option is actually greyed out in the settings. I have tried resetting the network settings, hard/soft reboots, restoring etc, and nothing seems to be working.

I am going to take it to the apple store next to my work tomorrow and hopefully they will sort it out or replace.

I want to know whether you think I could be given the new iPad 2? I currently have a power pc protective cover on the iPad and dont want to lose this if they replace it. I'm not actually searching to get an iPad 2 as I a happy with my current one and just want it sorted, but obviously a replacement with the new one would be nice!

thanks

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

They still have plenty of ipad 1 units so they will replace with those.

4. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

5. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

We do. They won't.

6. FutureStan macrumors member

Absolutely not. They'll replace it with an Original iPad, and more likely they'll try to fix.

7. courboy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your responses, that's what I expected to be honest. I'm going tomorrow so we'll see.

The guy in the shop today did say if they needed to replace it, they would sort me out regarding my screen protector as they don't have any in store.