iPad iPad wifi only + mobile hotspot

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Badrottie, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I have an iPad Air 1 wifi + LTE I think I should have bought wifi only iPad because I already have Clearwire mobile hotspot so I think I made a mistake? Also AT&T charged 250MB data for iPad which seems not enough for me so I use Clearwire unlimited data plan for all devices. :apple:

2. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

My point? What do you mean my point? :apple:

3. 1458279 Suspended

So you think you bought the wrong model? If that's the case, you should try to return it to Apple.

Is it WiFi+carrier or WiFi only?

How long ago did you buy it, and did you buy it from Apple?

You can also drop the carrier, might be a better deal for you to use WiFi only.

Many are going for WiFi only and using personal WiFi hotspots even for phone calls.

4. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

I bought an iPad Air last Feb this year and I have done with 1st and 2nd gen iPad with cellular + wifi. I bought a Clearwire mobile hotspot for my home and to go. The more I use hotspot and less use AT&T 250mb data that much I realized I am wasting of 15.00 a month to AT&T. So I am thinking about future upgrade would be wifi only iPad or stick with cellular + wifi? :apple:

5. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

With phone tethering, I see no reason for an LTE model, if only to save 30 seconds connecting to my iPhone.