iPad + WiFi Sync 1.1 work???

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by FWW, Oct 18, 2010.

1. FWW macrumors regular

FWW

Anyone tried using the WiFi Sync 1.1 app on the iPad? Does it work? I know theres a new version expected in Dec, but I would like to use the existing one in the meantime if it works on the iPad. Are there any other iTunes synching apps available?

Thanks in advance?

FWW

2. FWW thread starter macrumors regular

FWW

Soooo... Being as impatient as I am, I pulled the trigger and dropped 9.99$ on the app, since the app notes said updated for iPad.

I suppose I was expecting a bit more functionality, but it looks like all it does is complete a sync of any changes you have made to any category in iTunes you have set to sync. There is no manual control of anything, no drag and drop functions for individual files etc. Also the app is pixel doubled or run at iPhone size.

Just a heads up for anyone else who might stumble through here looking for info on it in the future. Hopefully the new version that is being worked on is a bit more feature packed.

If anyone has any other Qs about it fire away, might make the 9.99$ worth it...

3. xraytech macrumors 68020

Sounds like you want to SSH into your iPad. The App is called Wi-Fi Sync, not Wi-Fi SSH.

It works "exactly" like a hard wire sync. Aside from the $9.99 price tag, actually come to think of it an Apple sync cable cost $19.99. So you actually save $10 using this App, assuming you lost your Apple sync cable. =D

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I agree, it works perfectly and it does exactly what it is suppose to do, Syncing using Wifi Instad of the USB cable.

You seen to be looking for Applications like iDisk(paid), iPhoneExplorer and PhoneDisk (both Free). they allow you to drag and drop files and browser your file system in top of that they work with WiFi Sync (so you don't even need to connect the USB cable). I use them everyday :cool: