iPad will not stop ringing

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ziggie216, Aug 1, 2014.

1. ziggie216 macrumors 6502

The new phone feature is great for iOS8 but once awhile I find that my iPad would not stop ringing even after I had answer the call on my iPhone. Same thing for Yosemite once awhile.

2. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

Mine has done that since the first beta. Very annoying. I guess my bug reports have not helped.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

The bug reports definitely help, but Apple may not make the fixed code available until a later Beta or GM.

4. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

I've noticed that after reporting bugs it takes one beta version for them to fix it, well at least for my reported bugs.

I have reported Calendar.app's delete button bug on iPad, IIRC Beta 2, and just recently, after Beta 4 was released, they've emailed me, telling that they've fixed it.

5. sapbasis macrumors member

I stopped this on my iPad and MacBook air by disabling "iPhone Cellular Calls" under FaceTime settings. Since turning that off in Beta 3 I've had no more calls go to either device.

6. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I just got a call on my iPhone and my iPad started ringing too. As soon as I answered the call on my iPhone, the iPad stopped ringing. Worked pretty well.

7. PaulNY macrumors member

This just happened to me this morning. Got a phone call on my iPhone while I was at work, and I got a call from home that my iPad would not stop ringing. Turned off the iPad until I could get home to look a it.

Hopefully they fixed this with B5, we'll find out I guess.

8. mlody macrumors 6502a

This is strange as I believe both devices have to be on the same wifi network for this feature to work?

9. bmclaurin macrumors member

bmclaurin

Sorry to unearth an old thread, but I'm experiencing this on iOS 8.3. I would prefer to not have to disable the FaceTime cellular calls feature under Settings->FaceTime>iPhone Cellular Calls. But it's maddening when I take a phone call on my iPhone, and my iPad keeps ringing incessantly. Oftentimes, my iPad is in my briefcase, and I have to dig it out of there to shut it up. It will keep ringing practically forever without manual intervention. Is there a fix or workaround for this (short of disabling FaceTime Cellular Calls altogether)?

EDIT: My rMB (on OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite) suffers from the same annoyance.