iPad will not turn on

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by auctioneeral, Jan 11, 2013.

1. auctioneeral, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

auctioneeral macrumors newbie

First off i don't know anything about this ipad, as coworker just gave it to me because he said it wouldn't turn on and was going to throw away.
    The ipad is dead. When pluged into ac it will show the apple sign on screen for about 5-10 seconds and then screen goes black. About 30 seconds later the screen will light up and apple sign and again go black after about 5-10 seconds.
    I have taken ipad and had it pluged into ac for charging for about 2 hour's. And still the same thing.
    Does anybody know what it might be. battery,charging flex cable.
    or anyway of checking what it might be.
    I worked on alot of iphones, replacing screens and batterys. so i'm not worried about working on it. just would like a idea which direction to take. I don't want to buy battery and found out it was something else.
    Forgot to mention when i disconnect it from ac power source its dead. Will not connect to 2 diffrent computers i have with itunes open or closed.
    thanks
    allen

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Google "iPad DFU mode" then follow directions to put it into DFU mode. Once you get it into DFU mode, connect it to a computer with iTunes and see if you can restore it. If that doesn't work, take it into Apple.

3. auctioneeral thread starter macrumors newbie

cann't put it dfu mode if the ipad doesn't stay on long enough.

4. NeonMacintosh macrumors newbie

NeonMacintosh

I'm having the same exact problem, currently. Any solutions?

5. auctioneeral thread starter macrumors newbie

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Sounds like it's busted, not really user serviceable. Why not take it to Apple and get an OoW replacement.

7. iPhone Bits macrumors newbie

When you disconnect the cable and it shuts off, its doing this because it cannot see the battery, meaning the battery is dead, best thing to do is to open it up and check the battery and dock etc, if your not confident opening it you can send it to us for repair, we quote before repair and operate a no fix no fee policy , links in signature if required

8. auctioneeral thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to get a new battery this week and try it.
    I got it to go into recovery mode hook to computer and i have try 5.0 5.1 firmware but it threw a 1602 error the very first time and now over 10 times trying i get 3194 error which i have tried the host changing stuff but still 3194 error. but when its connect to computer and trying to restore the ipad it still not lighting up. so im ordering a battery for it.

9. auctioneeral thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it working just fine.
    Installed new battery and restored ipad and it's up and working great now.
    thanks