iPad-Wireless Cam?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bajaracing, Apr 22, 2012.

1. bajaracing macrumors member

This is my first iPad, love it. I print banners, decals, posters with large format printer. I would like to setup a wireless cam to place over the printer to monitor jobs. The printer beeps when inks are running low, so audio would be a plus if possible.

Any suggestions?

2. rkahl macrumors 65816

I use iCam. The server needs to be installed on a computer. That's it $4.99. No monthly fee. I would also recommend the quickcam orbital camera. Really sharp and you can pan the camera. They are pricey, but good deals on eBay.

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

There are plenty of wireless baby/home monitoring cameras that do what you want. I have a Panasonic one which has an app to go with it, but no sound.

4. rkahl macrumors 65816

You just need a built in mic on your webcam (fairly common). I looked at wireless webcams, but ended up getting a larger powered USB cable with a net book as my server.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

6. rkahl macrumors 65816

Yeah that's the right thing to do, but until then. My netbook along with my orbital sits high up on my entertainment center (out of range of the cats). One of these days I'm going to get this, but iCam is a budget friendly alternative that puts those old computer to good use.

7. brand macrumors 601

brand

At work I have deployed close to 100 Axis cameras of varying models and they very good quality and easy to setup. This is definitely one of those cases where you get what you pay for. I just wish I had some of these at home for security purposes.

I have a coworker that has a setup similar to yours and he seems to be pleased with it.

8. rkahl macrumors 65816

I use it a lot for my pets. I even put one on my porch, traveling across times zones is fun to watch.
    iCam goes really well with LogMeIn in case the computer goes down or automatically installs updates.