iPad with Bluetooth keyboard/case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by siritalks, Sep 25, 2012.

1. siritalks macrumors member

Anyone use a blue tooth keyboard with your iPad, or a keyboard / case combo?

I'm looking into them now, but it's obviously very difficult to tell how well they work from just googling.

2. ziffos macrumors member

ziffos

I love the Zagg Folio case - comes complete with bluetooth Keyboard - works great.

3. siritalks thread starter macrumors member

4. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Er,... what are we talking about again?

5. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I am trying to decide between the folio case and the PROplus case that doesn't have the folio built in. I will probably only need the keyboard about 30-40% of the time. The rest of the time I will just use the iPad without it, as I always have.

My question is how difficult is it to get the iPad out of the case? Alternately, how difficult is it to detach the keyboard? In other words, if I have it as a complete unit in my bag and want to take it out and JUST use the iPad without the keyboard - what kind of process am I looking at? This is why I am considering the PROPlus, because you use the keyboard when you want and when you don't, it's just the iPad.

I would be interested on impressions of the folio case. Thank you!

6. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I own the zaggfolio, and it currently sits in my drawer, rarely ever used.

I realised that the biggest advantage of the ipad is its form factor; the ability to hold and rest it in your hands and view it from virtually any position - be it while queueing in line, jostling for space in a crowded train, or reclining on a bus.

The problem is that the zaggfolio works too well, in that it effectively turns your ipad into a heavier and bulkier touchscreen macbook air, with no easy way of turning it back. There was many a time when I wanted the form factor of a tablet, only to find that it is not so easy to remove the ipad from the zaggfolio's case when you are standing in a crowded bus with one hand on the railing of support.

It is not a total loss though, as I still use it for when I need to hammer out a quick email, imessage or forum post, but I never bring it out of the house.

Personally, I recommend getting the apple bluetooth keyboard and origami workstation, and keeping both separately in your bag. This way, you can readily fish out your ipad for when you need it, and when it is time to sit down and do some typing, setting up your ipad and keyboard on the table is quite straightforward as well. :)

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

I got the Belkin on sale and am sending it back. Hated the feel, bulk and the lack of angles.