iPad with Retina on Amazon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by special75, Oct 26, 2012.

1. special75 macrumors newbie

I received my iPad 3 from Amazon last Friday. I knew there was a chance of a refresh but I also knew I could return it within 30 days...which is exactly what I plan on doing.

Does anyone know from past experience how long it will take Amazon to stock the iPad with Retina Display. I want a one with cellular so I'm thinking I may have to wait until the end of November.

Any thougts?

Thanks.

2. Nate. macrumors regular

Nate.

I'm guessing they'll probably start selling a little after the launch date. They have to stock the store retailers, and of course ship out pre-orders, so I'd assume that Amazon would get them with the retailers, or a little bit later because they're online only.

Just guesstimating, but I gave it my best shot. :rolleyes:

3. special75, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

special75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I should probably go ahead and return this one while I can. I'll just have to go without for awhile.

4. urkel macrumors 68030

I thought Amazon isn;t an authorized Apple reseller when it comes to iOS devices. They get MacBook like everyone else but it seems iPads and iPhones are sold by affiliates.

I hope Im wrong because I sold my iPad 2 for $330 Amazon Gift Cards and would love to apply that to an iPad Mini.

5. special75 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know about authorized reseller. I just know I bought one on Amazon. I'm a Prime member and it was free 2 day shipping. It appears to be a genuine iPad 3. I'm sure it was sold by another company and fulfilled by Amazon but I think that's what most of their merchandise is.

6. special75 thread starter macrumors newbie

I went back and looked at my order. I see what you mean by the Macs being from Amazon but not the iPads. Mine was from IMG Direct or something. I still used gift cards to buy it though. I hope this doesn't mean it will take a long time for them to start selling the iPad with Retina Display.