iPad withdrawal Support Group!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAttacka, Feb 29, 2012.

1. MacAttacka macrumors 6502

I have to admit, I sold my iPad 2 way back just before Christmas having jailbroken it. I knew the iPad 3 was coming and I wanted the maximum price. I bought my 64GB unit on launch day last year and sold it for around $50 less than I bought it for so I am very pleased.

So I have been iPadless for over 2 months now. I have really missed it though and kinda wished I kept it a little longer and taken the hit. How long have you been iPadless and how do you get by? This is a fun thread so dont take it too seriously.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh please. It's truly amazing what people consider to be a "problem" in their life.
    Though I truly love my iPad, I would simply just return to using my iPhone for a while around the house.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Gave mine to a buddy...Been using my MBA a lot more, but there are things you just can't do on a Mac that you can on an idevice. I'm looking forward to my new ipad3. But I can wait!

4. number84 macrumors 6502

About a month for me since I've sold. While I do miss it and there are times I wish I had kept it, I've adjusted fine. Just end up sitting at my desktop a lot more. Or lugging my work laptop around with me. But I think it will be worth the wait.

5. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

Since it came out. Pretty well.

6. Jus711 macrumors member

I mentioned to my brother yesterday, that there needed to be a support group for people like us who have sold our iPads early, lol. I sold mine 2 days ago and have missed it ever since. I have an iPhone and an MBP, but the iPad had become my go to machine at home. It's like I've lost a friend. :(

7. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

You people who have sold your iPad 2s do realize that you can probably buy one on ebay now at a lower price since the invite is out. I would guess the used market is already reacting and is going to be pretty stable even after the 3 comes out.

8. KandyKane macrumors 6502

Haha, I sold mine a week and a half ago to get higher resell too. It sucks, Uni began last week and I had to take my MBA in today! Seriously though, I haven't done any textbook reading, and it's not as easy on the eyes to iPhone surf in bed. I also somehow went through my semesters worth of printing budget and had to add more, when I had my iPad, I hardly printed anything!

9. Jus711 macrumors member

i don't want to take a chance of something happening to it so i wouldn't be able to return/resell it one the 3 comes out.

----------

The funny thing is that even though I've owned Apple products for over 25 years (and I'm only 33) I was sort of lukewarm to the iPad when it was announced and first came out. I thought it was neat, but I didn't see how I would use it, and now I'm having trouble living without it, lol.

10. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Aaaah, #firstworldproblems.
    I've just sold my iPad2 32Gb 3G+WiFi on eBay.

I'll wait for the PayPal money to come through, so by the time I send it off, and the usual 2 week week wait on Announce/Launch times... I think I'm gonna cope okay.

#lie.

11. rkahl macrumors 65816

Sounds like someone needs to stand in the "Get a life" line instead of the iPad 3 line.

12. bettaboy123 macrumors member

I sold my original iPad two and a half weeks ago and I haven't been reading or posting as much. I have also not been playing as many games. No magazines or full desktop sites either (without Flash lol but who needs it) :( My parents got me a new phone so I've been on a 4 in Android phone. Not nearly as comfortable as using a 10 in screen but better than using my slow, filtered school-issued netbook or the desktop upstairs. Plus new phone. :) But still sad about my iPad. :(

But yesterday when the iPad 3 announcement date was announced, I was happy I sold it for the first time. :) Super excited for the iPad 3 to come out!! :D