iPad won't charge and won't sync to itunes

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by poshmomm07, Nov 12, 2010.

1. poshmomm07 macrumors newbie

So basically as the title says, it won't charge and won't sync. I tried several USB cords and I tried to syncing it to our Mac book pro and Mac book and it will not sync.
    I restarted several times as well and nothing. One thing is last night the batter was at 4% and this morning after charging all night the batter is at 13% but it does not show the charging icon, the % just went up.
    Plan on taking it to Genius bar tomorrow, but any suggestions or ideas on what the problem might be? Thanks!

2. acrafton macrumors 6502

Same here and also won't backup

This just started a week or so ago. . .won't charge, won't sync, and won't backup. 2010 Macbook Pro. No updates or changes that I know of . . .

3. poshmomm07 thread starter macrumors newbie

Took it in today. Since it did not show any signs of damage they gave me a new one. The only draw back was since it would not sync to itunes I could not back it up.
    I asked if they had seen the problem before and they said "no".

4. jkirker macrumors newbie

I have the same problem...

Just started this morning during a sync - now nothing... No Communication...

John

5. ibook2304 macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me. I noticed that when I connected my iPad to its dock at first the fit was a bit tight. Over time it slackened off a bit and recently it stopped syncing and charging.

Took it to Apple Store in Glasgow yesterday and after the Genius couldn't get it to do anything when connected to a MBP he simply said: "Do you want a new one?"

I did notice though that it did sync one final time when I pushed the dock connector in. I had to hold it in a while to get it to stay connected.

I wonder if the dock - or the dock connectors are the issue - loosening the iPad's dock over time?

Either way, I have a new iPad - that will only be carefully connected to anything else again!

6. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

I'm having the same problem! But mine was at 14% last night, I plugged it in, and it shot to 100% in about 10 minutes. I left it plugged in all night, went to use it this morning, it shut down, and now I can't get it to charge! It says it's connected to a power source, but nothing is happening!