ipad wont connect to wi-fi!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rucc22, Dec 1, 2010.

1. rucc22 macrumors member

i was tweaking with my modem and made some changes and hooked it up to my airport through ethernet. network name still the same and password still the same. i am up and running on my computer, laptop, phone... but when i went to use my ipad it said safari is not connected to the internet and obviously no email! it recognizes the network and accepts the password. its shows that its connected to wi-fi and shows full signal strength. Any one ever have this problem? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Have you tried completely removing the connection in the iPad and having it find it again and re-authenticating?

3. rucc22 thread starter macrumors member

I took the ethernet cable out of my fios router and now the iPad Internet works. This is weird because I was running my laptop and an iMac fine but for some reason the iPad wouldn't work even though it showed i was connected and had full-strength. I was basically just trying to use my airport extreme as a extenders by connecting the Ethernet to my fios router. And of course use it as my time machine backup. This sucks because my airport extreme/time capsule wasn't cheap and now it's useless? Because I have fios?

4. rucc22 thread starter macrumors member