Ipad wont get push email but iphone does (inside same wall)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Fogflip, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Fogflip macrumors newbie

Like the title says my iphone will receive email from our exchange server over wifi but i have to check my ipads manually all the same settings on both machines any help? what am i doing wrong? thanks!

2. Fogflip thread starter macrumors newbie

3. bigddybn macrumors member

Do you have the account set to push under settings?

4. Maaz macrumors 6502a

5. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Both mine work fine. Usually within seconds of my iPhone 4 getting something, the iPad does.

7. Fogflip thread starter macrumors newbie

yea its completely bizarre both devices same settings any other wifi network is fine so is 3g just my main office one. Luckily our vpn rocks so i can as400 all day :). well if any one can think of a solution please help. now if my snow leopard internet would stop lagging :(. thanks guys.

8. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Have you did a hard reset of your iPad? Sometimes my iPhone/iPad won't get push email and a simple reset does the trick (often just turning it off/on does it).

9. tuamtuem macrumors member

10. Fogflip thread starter macrumors newbie

Found a mild but crippling solution I have to turn my 3G off while connected to my work wifi on my iPad and then exchange works.

11. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

Seems like that would be the way to go to save on the 3G anyway, to me. I guess it wouldn't matter with an unlimited data package.

I don't have an iPad yet, so this may have been ask somewhere else, but doesn't running 3G and WiFi use more battery than just one or the other?

12. mike95 macrumors member

Regading iPad & iPhone push

Your iPad may be WiFi only (or 3G with service deactivated). If so, your WiFi may connect/disconnect periodically severing the open request for push notifications.

If you do have 3G on as a fail over connection when WiFi is not available, then make sure your exchange server's IP address is the same over 3G as it is over WiFi. If your office WiFi is internal, it may be possible you have an internal DNS as well issuing an internal IP address for your exchange server.

When your iPad moves from WiFi to 3G and back, the push connection is severed because of this change of IP and consquently push may be affected. If both WiFi & 3G report the same public IP for your exchange server then you should be good with continuous push.