iPad wont power up, can I get some help please?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sealover1, Nov 16, 2012.

1. sealover1, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

sealover1 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I replaced my ipad 2 screen now it wont power up, watched a utube vid over and over and was really cafefull taking my cracked screen off and replaceing it

Screen I bought never had a home button so took old one off and swopped it over only thing is i dont think its sat right has anyone got a photo of where it should be seated please? would this stop it from powering up?

also theres a black plastic/rubber rim that goes around the edge of the ipad do i take this out when fitting the new sreen as dont see one in the utube vid.

have double checked the leads and they seem like there pushed in as far as they go and all lined up even took them out and put them back again

have not taken the new film off the new screen yet as it said on utube to try it out 1st

any help would be great please as it was working before and dont see why it wont work now really

Thanks for any help :)

update...

I pluged the ipad into the laptop and the apple logo came up and it loaded, everything seems to be working now except the power off button dont seem to work i press it but nothing happens home button works tho, it was working before i changed the screen, any ideas what it could be please? is there any other way to restart it mabey that might kick it into working lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

isn't there a cable to connect the digitizer/screen to the mobo...

3. sealover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

hi Appl3FTW not sure what a mobo is?

but there is a cable connecting the digitizer fitted and have double checked them to make sure they are connected correctly

4. anubis1980 macrumors regular

motherboard :)

5. sealover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

dont think its the MD anubis1980 as it was working fine when i started the job

6. sealover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

update...

I pluged the ipad into the laptop and the apple logo came up and it loaded, everything seems to be working now except the power off button dont seem to work i press it but nothing happens home button works tho, it was working before i changed the screen, any ideas what it could be please? is there any other way to restart it mabey that might kick it into working lol

7. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

is the power button connected at some sort?... digitizer?

8. sealover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would of thought so as it switched on when i pluged it in the laptop, it was working fine before i took the screen off

9. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

did u reconnect all the cables that were unplugged during the disassembly?

10. anubis1980 macrumors regular

Sorry was just telling you what mobo meant

11. sealover1 thread starter macrumors newbie

yep double checked all the plugs theres only two of them so not hard to miss really. never went near the power button, not sure whats causeing it