iPad Won't Sync Wipe, Restore or Update because of error

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mashinhead, Aug 17, 2011.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I have an iPad 2, 16gb. It is pretty filled up with apps. I try to update it to the latest firmware right now it is running 4.3.3. but when i do that it gets an error saying it can't update it. I think it's because it's full.

So then I just try to sync, to transfer purchases and rearrange apps and make room. But I get an error when I do that too, it then opens up a window showing past app purchases and updates that were not downloaded because the pad is full. So I think whats happing in is thanks to the genius of iCloud I get an error because the pad is in limbo downloading things I have no room for. The paradox is that I can't update it or restore it or anything. I called apple support and they told me to **** off pretty much. so any advice is helpful

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Have you tried manually removing any media or apps from the iPad to free up space?

EDIT* If your iPad is full, you'll need about 700 MBs space available to update.

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

It can't be iCloud causing the problem because iCloud has not launched yet. If your iPad is full, delete some apps to free up some space and you can always reload them later.